What is BHIM App?
BHIM (Bharat Interface for Money) App is digital payment app launched on Dec 30, 2016 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi at Talkatora Stadium in New Delhi. This app will enable you to send money securely to anyone through a mobile phone with number. This will enabled people to do cashless transactions by means of Unified Payment Interface (UPI), a secure network for transaction created by National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI).
How to Download BHIM App?
BHIM App can be downloaded from Google Play Store for Android Phones and App Store for Apple devices. This app will be upgraded to make to get platform of USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data). If you want to get a great cloud backup service check salesforce israel for more info
- Download BHIM App via Google Play Store for Android Phones.
- After installing the app select preferred language, you will be provided with two options right now – English and Hindi.
- After selection of language, click next and allow for granting permissions to app if it asks.
- Now click on “Let’s get started”
- Now you have to Verify your mobile number, it will only work if you bank account is connected to your mobile number. For this BHIM App will send an sms for verification.
- For the number that’s on bank account your app will automatically be verified.
- Now you need to enter a 4 digit passcode and again same number for confirming.
- Select your bank from a list of registered accounts with your mobile number.
- Now select bank account that you want to use with BHIM App.
That’s it you now can use your newly installed BHIM App as a payment interface to send and receive payments easily.
Why the name BHIM?
BHIM has been named after Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar who transformed India with social reforms and his vast knowledge in Finance and Law.
BHIM App iOS
BHIM App for iOS has not been launched so far, looking at the number of Android phones in India, Government decided to launch Android version prior to iOS version. Other platforms like Windows Phone will also see this app launch in few days time.
Till now 2 million Android phones have downloaded the app and BHIM App has came to the first spot in the Google Play Store.
Screenshot of BHIM Apps
Select Your Bank
Send/Receive to Mobile, Payment address
Scan QR Code to pay instantly
Check Bank balance instantly
You can also check your account balances and recent payments made. The app will also you to save payee names when you send payments to anyone the first time.
Banks that are Supported with BHIM App
– Allahabad Bank
– Andhra Bank
– Axis Bank
– Bank of Baroda
– Bank of Maharashtra
– Canara Bank
– Catholic Syrian Bank
– Central Bank of India
– DCB Bank
– Dena Bank
– Federal Bank
– HDFC Bank
– ICICI Bank
– IDBI Bank
– IDFC Bank
– Indian Bank
– Indian Overseas Bank
– IndusInd Bank
– Karnataka Bank
– Karur Vysya Bank
– Kotak Mahindra Bank
– Oriental Bank of Commerce
– Punjab National Bank
– RBL Bank
– South Indian Bank
– Standard Chartered Bank
– State Bank of India
– Syndicate Bank
– Union Bank of India
– United Bank of India
– Vijaya Bank
Detailed Features of BHIM App
Send / Receive Money Digitally : You can send and receive money from family, friends, customers, etc. with a mobile number or a virtual payment address (VPA). Those banks that don’t support UPI till now can also receive money via IFSC and MMID methods. Payments can also be requested and reversed if required with your BHIM App.
Checking balance in your Account: Account balance at your bank can also be checked with details of transaction made previously.
Custom payment address : If you don’t want to provide your phone number than a custom payment address can also be given to make payments in your account.
QR Code : Payment address can also be made optional as a phone number with your QR code. You can produce your QR code and payee can scan it with BHIM App to pay money instantly.
Limits of Transaction : Right now the limit has been set to Rs 10,000 per transaction and in 24 hours you can transact upto Rs 24,000.
Supported Languages : Hindi and English are initially launched and later with updates in the app you can get more languages on your BHIM App.
Aadhaar Enabled : BHIM App is a Aadhar enabled app, which means e-wallets like PayTM and others will suffer due to launch of this app.
iOS and Windows App version of BHIM App
Right now only Android version of App has been launched and as per sources an iOS version will be launched soon.
Charges of BHIM App
There is no transaction fee or charges taken by BHIM App, but your bank may take nominal charge for a UPI or IMPS transaction. Although nothing official has been announced but UPI transaction will be around 50 paisa per transaction.
Why Mobile Wallets will be affected by BHIM App?
The positive and the best thing about BHIM App is that its launched by government and its highly secure. It allows you to transfer money from bank account directly, no wallet system is there or required.
E-wallets give you an added security layer, but as the ease of use bank to bank transfers are more easy then merchant to merchant transfer. Paytm have also started a new system of auto withdrawal of money to your bank account after every 24 hours, which is probably due to BHIMApp launch.
More interesting facts about BHIM App
- After more improvements in BHIM App, it will connected with Aadhaar system, which means you will not need any mobile number, internet to transfer payments, it will be done with use of your thumb impression.
- More Digi Dhan Melas would be showcased in different parts of India, where people can learn how to transact digitally from your mobile phone.
Source: NPCI, Google Play Store